Our ClampyKate, originally developed as part of our Akerworks VersaSwift product, is a super versatile mount-anywhere single shaft tensioned Lazy Kate. The carbon fiber shaft and aluminum alloy base are both light and strong. The included TensiTamer, our patented rubber tensioning device, allows you to dial in just the right amount of bobbin tension. The adjustable pivot offers 45° angle increment shaft positioning. The ClampyKate can clamp, with non-marring rubber pads, onto any surface up to 2⅛” (54mm) thick: tables, doors, chair backs, whatever!
• chain-plying from a single bobbin
• adding capacity to your existing AkerKate setup
• yarn guiding when plying tricky singles (additional Akerworks TensiTamers may be purchased separately to help with this... and binder clips work great as well)
• supporting an Akerworks Spindle Crane
• supporting your flat pack Akerworks Yarn Caddy while knitting
• holding additional yarn balls when doing colorwork
• as an additional warping peg
• supporting cones or bobbins of your warp yarn during warping
• dispensing ribbon, thread, or tape
Designed and manufactured at our workshop in Knoxville, Tennessee.